WELCOME TO THE NEW JERSEY LADIES ANCIENT ORDER of HIBERNIANS, INC.
The Ancient Order of Hibernians in America, Inc. was
organized in New York City in 1836.
The Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians was organized
in Omaha, Nebraska in 1894 as the Daughters of Erin.
The Order pledged itself to God and Country.
At the National Convention in Saratoga Springs in
1906, the Ladies received permission from the National
Chaplain and the National
President of the A.O.H. to function as a separate
organization. The name was changed to the Ladies Auxiliary
to the Ancient Order of Hibernians in America.
In 1984, at the National Constitutional Convention held
in Albany, NY, the Ladies voted to change their name to
the Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians in America.
The motto of the Ladies is FRIENDSHIP, UNITY
AND CHRISTIAN CHARITY. Our patron saint is
Saint Brigid of Ireland.
The preamble of our National Constitution states that the intent
and purpose of the Ladies is to promote Friendship, Unity
and Christian Charity, to foster and sustain loyalty to the
Roman Catholic Church and to the United States of
America among its members, to aid and advance by all
legitimate means the aspirations and endeavors of the
Irish people for complete and absolute independence, and
to foster the ideals and perpetuate the history and traditions of the Irish people and to promote Irish culture.